Subject: bug#14553: 24.3.50; C-g doesn't break inf-loop

From: Josh <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 16:17:01 -0700

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 1:12 PM, Ken Brown <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On 6/4/2013 2:10 AM, Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Start Emacs with the -Q option.
>> Eval the form: (while t)
>>
>> Then I get unable to break it.  So is Emacs 24.3.  This may happen
>> only on Cygwin, though.  It makes me hard to debug a code suspected
>> to have an infinite loop.

> I can confirm that this happens on Cygwin but not on GNU/Linux.  This may
> just reflect the fact that Cygwin doesn't have SIGIO.  Maybe someone who
> understands how Emacs handles keyboard input can weigh in on this and
> suggest a workaround.

FWIW, I am able to successfully interrupt that loop via C-g on my
Cygwin system, which was configured with the --with-w32 flag and built
from yesterday's trunk.