Subject: bug#14548: 24.3.1; [PATCH] image-dired-dired-toggle-marked-thumbs conflicts with other modes using overlays

From: E Sabof <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 00:00:52 +0100

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 11:12 PM, Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Stefan Monnier wrote:
>
> >> The idea seems fine, but as written it won't work without requiring
> >> cl-lib at run-time.
> >
> > That's fine for non-preloaded packages.
>
> I meant that image-dired does not presently require cl-lib at runtime,
> so to be a complete solution the patch should have included that change
> too.
>

Basically, whenever a line contains an overlay and this function is evoked,
it thinks it already has a thumbnail, and won't put a new one there.

I can rewrite the function so it doesn't use cl-remove-if-not, although I
assumed that avoidance of the execution/expansion distinction was one of
the reasons cl-lib was created.

Evgeni