Subject: bug#1452: Acknowledgement (23.0.60; Problem with nextstep, longlines-mode,)

From: Harald Hanche-Olsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 15:52:22 +0100 (CET)

It appears that I wrote

  Bug symptom #2:
   The longlines-show-effect string is not cleaned out right, leaving
   the buffer contents looking as follows:

  ----
  asdf
  adsf----

But that is misleading as it turns out; I got fooled by text
properties hiding some text. In that buffer, after enabling
longlines-mode, I had typed "asdf" RET "asdf" (without the quotes) and
then saw this in the buffer:

asdf¶

with the cursor on the second line. Then, after I turned off
longlines-mode, that changed into

asdf
¶

But if I now copy the buffer (C-x h M-w) and paste the result in a
terminal window, I get

asdf
asdf

without a final newline.

- Harald