Subject: Re: bug#14513: 24.3.50; Site load-path pieces differ in MSYS build

From: Achim Gratz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 21:01:32 +0200

Eli Zaretskii writes:
> Well, then just don't do that.  Don't unpack each version into a
> separate directory.  That's what this change was all about.

I have no dogs in this race.  On the two Windows systems that I care
about I have full administrative priviledges and can install (and
re-install) things exactly the way I want them.  I'll reiterate that
(just as on UN*X) many users are at the mercy of whoever administrates
their system and such changes often take a long time to trickle through
to these people (they may not understand what Emacs is, much less care
about site-lisp).  If this is at least documented clearly (not just that
this change is made, but _how_ to install things differently now) then
some churn can perhaps be avoided by having something to point to.

Regards,
Achim.
-- 
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+

SD adaptation for Waldorf rackAttack V1.04R1:
http://Synth.Stromeko.net/Downloads.html#WaldorfSDada