Subject: Re: bug#14513: 24.3.50; Site load-path pieces differ in MSYS build

From: Achim Gratz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 21:57:02 +0200

Eli Zaretskii writes:
>> FWIW, I use a directory structure which relies on a ../site-lisp to be
>> accessible by multiple Emacs versions installed in parallel, just like
>> on UN*Xy boxes.
>
> Unix boxes use exactly the directory structure that is now encoded in
> epaths.h.  So we got closer to Unix, not farther.

On UN*X the installation of several versions is usually done into the
same $prefix, but you don't normally do that on Windows where each
install is usually unpacked into its own tree.  This means that when
it's time to remove an old version tree you'd need to remember that
site-lisp must be rescued or you need to start installing your Windows
Emacsen into the same $prefix just like on UN*X.  Which is a bit
annoying when you want to keep some versions around from before that
change or your system administrator can't be convinced to change how the
installation is done.

Regards,
Achim.
-- 
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+

SD adaptations for Waldorf Q V3.00R3 and Q+ V3.54R2:
http://Synth.Stromeko.net/Downloads.html#WaldorfSDada