Subject: bug#14499: broken texi2dvi causes a FAIL in t/txinfo-no-split.sh

From: Peter Rosin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 08:33:52 +0200

Hi!

On MSYS, I have this situation:

$ texi2dvi --version
You don't have a working TeX binary installed, but the texi2dvi script
can't proceed without it. If you want to use this script, you have to
install some kind of TeX, for example the MikTeX package from
http://miktex.org/ (which is not part of the typical MSYS environment).
$ echo $?
1

Which causes the below failure on master (baf8a1c22acce0908) in
t/txinfo-no-split.sh.

Cheers,
Peter

make[1]: Entering directory `/c/Cygwin/home/peda/automake/t/txinfo-no-split.dir/txinfo-no-split-1.0/_build'
TEXINPUTS="..:$TEXINPUTS" \
	MAKEINFO='makeinfo --split-size 10   -I ..' \
	texi2dvi  --build-dir=foo.t2d -o foo.dvi  \
	../foo.texi
You don't have a working TeX binary installed, but the texi2dvi script
can't proceed without it. If you want to use this script, you have to
install some kind of TeX, for example the MikTeX package from
http://miktex.org/ (which is not part of the typical MSYS environment).
make[1]: *** [foo.dvi] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/Cygwin/home/peda/automake/t/txinfo-no-split.dir/txinfo-no-split-1.0/_build'