Subject: 24.3; enriched-mod: indentation confusing

From: "Alexandre Oberlin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 13:55:15 +0200

Just open a file or create a new one with enriched-mode: Typing
RET in enriched-mode deletes any manual indentation in the current
line.
Typing C-x TAB modifies the indentation of the previous lines as
well.  This behavior is also present in emacs 23.4 Linux.

It has been suggested on gnu.emacs.help to split enriched-mode
into sub-elements, such that the "save faces" part could be used
separately  from indentation behavior.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (i686-pc-cygwin)
  of 2013-03-11 on fiona
Configured using:
  `configure
  '--srcdir=/home/kbrown/src/cygemacs/emacs-24.3-1/src/emacs-24.3'
  '--prefix=/usr' '--exec-prefix=/usr' '--bindir=/usr/bin'
  '--sbindir=/usr/sbin' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--datadir=/usr/share'
  '--localstatedir=/var' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--datarootdir=/usr/share'
  '--docdir=/usr/share/doc/emacs' '-C' '--with-x=no' 'CC=gcc'
  'CFLAGS=-ggdb -O2 -pipe
  -fdebug-prefix-map=/home/kbrown/src/cygemacs/emacs-24.3-1/build=/usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3-1
  -fdebug-prefix-map=/home/kbrown/src/cygemacs/emacs-24.3-1/src/emacs-24.3=/usr/src/debug/emacs-24.3-1'
  'LDFLAGS=-L/usr/lib/ncursesw' 'LIBS='
  'CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/include/ncursesw''

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
   default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Text

Minor modes in effect:
   cua-mode: t
   enriched-mode: t
   use-hard-newlines: t
  %2页ㅶ