Subject: bug#14484: 24.3.50; doc of `after-find-file'

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 01:39:11 +0200

Drew Adams <[email-masked]> writes:

> 1. The parameter is named _AFTER-FIND-FILE-FROM-REVERT-BUFFER, not
> AFTER-FIND-FILE-FROM-REVERT-BUFFER.

This is how `C-h f' on that starts:

after-find-file is a compiled Lisp function in ‘files.el’.

(after-find-file &optional ERROR WARN NOAUTO
AFTER-FIND-FILE-FROM-REVERT-BUFFER NOMODES)

So it's consistent, even if the arg is "really" _'d.

> 2. This makes no sense:
> "(see `revert-buffer-in-progress-p' for similar functionality)."
>
> Similar functionality to what?  The parameter is _ignored_!

I think it means "if this is what you used to use, use this similar
thing instead".  Seems clear to me.

> 3. And since _AFTER-FIND-FILE-FROM-REVERT-BUFFER is ignored, why
> does `recover-file' continue to make a point of using it?  Why doesn't
> it just use `(after-find-file)'?  Again, it seems like someone made an
> incomplete change to the code, neglecting to clean up here and there.

It calls

(after-find-file nil nil t)

so if it did, it's been fixed.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no