Subject: bug#14484: 24.3.50; doc of `after-find-file'

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 08:11:45 -0700 (PDT)

1. The parameter is named _AFTER-FIND-FILE-FROM-REVERT-BUFFER, not
AFTER-FIND-FILE-FROM-REVERT-BUFFER.

2. This makes no sense:
"(see `revert-buffer-in-progress-p' for similar functionality)."

Similar functionality to what?  The parameter is _ignored_!

Seems like this doc string got incompletely updated when the function
got modified to ignore this parameter.  Just a guess - incomprehensible
as it stands.

3. And since _AFTER-FIND-FILE-FROM-REVERT-BUFFER is ignored, why
does `recover-file' continue to make a point of using it?  Why doesn't
it just use `(after-find-file)'?  Again, it seems like someone made an
incomplete change to the code, neglecting to clean up here and there.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2013-05-24 on LEG570
Bzr revision: 112715 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/c/usr --enable-checking CFLAGS='-O0 -g3'
 CPPFLAGS='-DGLYPH_DEBUG=1 -I/c/usr/include''