Subject: 24.3; kernel panic caused by tramp in 24.3.1 on Mac OS 10.8.3 when exiting Emacs

From: Tim Visher <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 19:53:18 -0400

C-x C-f /sudo::/etc/hosts RET C-x C-c

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin12.3.0)
 of 2013-05-20 on ssm-monetate.local
Configured using:
 `configure '--prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/24.3' '--without-dbus'
 '--enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp'
 '--infodir=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/24.3/share/info/emacs' '--without-x'
 'CC=cc''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
ESC [ > 0 ; 9 5 ; c ESC x b u g - TAB DEL DEL TAB TAB 
TAB DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL TAB 
TAB DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL 
DEL DEL r e p TAB o TAB TAB TAB r t - e m TAB RET

Recent messages:
("emacs")
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Making completion list... [4 times]
Composing main Info directory...done
if: The Info directory node has no index; use m to select a manual
user-error: No previous nodes [2 times]
Quit
user-error: No previous nodes

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr info tool-bar emacsbug message
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail regexp-opt rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils help-mode easymenu
time-date ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type tabulated-list newcomment
lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process multi-tty emacs)