Subject: Re: bug#14474: 24.3.50; Zombie subprocesses (again)

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 20:33:55 +0200

Paul Eggert <[email-masked]> writes:

> And here is a session that worked.  The key difference is that
> I used su's '-E' option:
>
> $ env | grep DBUS
> DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS=unix:abstract=/tmp/dbus-bpx4rxPk7z,guid=6e491bf38a5b2b6fce17d0a251a221bf
> $ sudo -E sh
> # su exp
> $ env | grep DBUS
> DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS=unix:abstract=/tmp/dbus-bpx4rxPk7z,guid=6e491bf38a5b2b6fce17d0a251a221bf
> $ emacs
> ** (emacs:15441): WARNING **: Couldn't connect to accessibility bus:
> Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-x2KgryK9C8: Connection refused

I see something similar - using the -E flag for sudo works as a
workaround.  However, I don't get this "Failed to connect to socket..."
warning.  Instead, I get

** (emacs:6638): WARNING **: The connection is closed

Michael.