Subject: 24.1.50; GTK3 shows resize handle which cannot be disabled

From: Peter Feigl <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 17:33:27 +0200

Start "emacs -Q" that was compiled with --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 from bzr.
You should see a resizing triangle button in the lower right-hand
corner, as in http://www.nexoid.at/tmp/emacs-triangle.jpg

This resizing button is useless on all tiling window managers. If you
remove the check for GTK 3 from gtkutil.c (~ line 1159), things work
fine again (and I believe this check is erroneous anyway, why only
disable it on GTK != 3?). After recompiling, the resulting emacs -Q
looks like this: http://www.nexoid.at/tmp/emacs-no-triangle.jpg

It would be great if this could be fixed in emacs bzr.

The machine I'm sending this bug report from is *not* the same machine I
tested this on.

Thanks!

Peter

In GNU Emacs 24.1.50.2 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.10)
 of 2012-04-13 on nexoid
Configured using:
 `configure '--prefix=/usr' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--localstatedir=/var'
 '--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--without-sound'
 '--with-xft' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' 'CFLAGS=-march=i686 -mtune=generic
 -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4
 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2'
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,--hash-style=gnu''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: rcirc

Minor modes in effect:
  csv-field-index-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  rcirc-track-minor-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  iswitchb-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  use-hard-newlines: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Features:
(shadow emacsbug vcard dabbrev jka-compr tramp-cache etags org-colview
cal-iso bookmark cal-move parse-time tabify image-file org-capture
org-mks calculator newcomment cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai
cal-islam cal-hebrew cal-julian org-indent org-w3m org-wl org-vm
org-rmail org-mhe org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html
org-info org-id org-gnus org-docview org-bibtex bibtex mailalias
smtpmail sendmail qp mail-extr multi-isearch gnutls url-queue shr-color
color shr mule-util hl-line disp-table network-stream starttls paredit
gedcom-ext gedcom wc-mode image-dired dired server package
tabulated-list quail help-mode view wgrep grep multiple-cursors
mc-separate-operations rectangular-region-mode mc-mark-more
mc-cycle-cursors mc-edit-lines multiple-cursors-core rect expand-region
cc-mode-expansions org-mode-expansions ruby-mode-expansions
nxml-mode-expansions html-mode-expansions expand-region-custom
expand-region-core rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse
nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode
nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-glyph nxml-enc xmltok skeleton
flymake zencoding-mode iy-go-to-char ob-R color-theme-solarized
color-theme slime-autoloads org-latex org-export-latex org-beamer
org-exp ob-exp org-exp-blocks find-func footnote holidays hol-loaddefs
tfs org-ical org-notmuch notmuch notmuch-message notmuch-maildir-fcc
notmuch-hello notmuch-show notmuch-print notmuch-crypto notmuch-mua
notmuch-address notmuch-wash coolj notmuch-query json goto-addr
icalendar notmuch-lib tex dbus ebib csv-mode sort compile csharp-mode
cc-langs mediawiki url-cache url-http tls url-auth url-gw amazon mm-url
xml org-bbdb bbdb-anniv diary-lib diary-loaddefs cc-mode cc-fonts
cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine ledger esh-arg
esh-util time edict edict-japanese edict-english edict-morphology
edict-edit dui-registry dui tempo url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-parse
url-vars xml-parse doxymacs w3m-load org-agenda org ob-emacs-lisp
ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table org-footnote org-src ob-comint ob-keys
ob ob-eval org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-compat org-entities
org-macs noutline outline cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs org-install
scheme epa-file epa epg tramp tramp-compat auth-source eieio
tramp-loaddefs ess-toolbar ess-mouse mouseme ess-menu ess-swv ess-noweb
noweb-font-lock-mode ess-bugs-l essd-els ess-sas-d ess-sas-l ess-sas-a
executable shell pcomplete ess-arc-d ess-vst-d ess-xls-d ess-lsp-l
ess-sta-d ess-sta-l cc-vars cc-defs make-regexp ess-sp6-d ess-sp5-d
ess-sp3-d ess-r-d ess-r-args assoc ess-s-l ess-inf ess-utils ess-mode
noweb-mode ess ess-custom ess-compat ess-site bbdb-sms ido bbdb-com crm
bbdb timezone warnings slime-fancy slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu
slime-references slime-scratch slime-presentations slime-fuzzy
slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc
slime-parse slime-repl slime byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv
macroexp derived hideshow pp hyperspec thingatpt browse-url ruby-mode
psvn log-edit pcvs-util add-log diff-mode easy-mmode rcirc help-at-pt
autorevert cus-start cus-load gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 epg-config
password-cache mm-view mml-smime smime cl comint regexp-opt ansi-color
ring dig mailcap gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source
gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader
gnus-util wid-edit edmacro kmacro gnus-alias advice help-fns
advice-preload message idna format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader
tex-site auto-loads time-date paren iswitchb tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe
lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)