Subject: Re: bug#14471: 24.1.50; GTK3 shows resize handle which cannot be disabled

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 13:31:56 +0200

tags 14471 + moreinfo
quit

Peter Feigl <[email-masked]> writes:

> Start "emacs -Q" that was compiled with --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 from bzr.
> You should see a resizing triangle button in the lower right-hand
> corner, as in http://www.nexoid.at/tmp/emacs-triangle.jpg
>
> This resizing button is useless on all tiling window managers. If you
> remove the check for GTK 3 from gtkutil.c (~ line 1159), things work
> fine again (and I believe this check is erroneous anyway, why only
> disable it on GTK != 3?). After recompiling, the resulting emacs -Q
> looks like this: http://www.nexoid.at/tmp/emacs-no-triangle.jpg

I'm not seeing this resize grip on either of these:

GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.4) of
2019-02-03, modified by Debian

GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 14, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.5)
of 2019-09-21

Are you still seeing this on a recent version of Emacs, for example the
latest version 26.3?  If I don't hear back from you in a couple of
weeks, I'll assume this is no longer an issue and close the bug.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas