Subject: Re: bug#14469: non-portable pthread in finalizers.c

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 23:33:28 +0200

Panicz Maciej Godek <[email-masked]> skribis:

> still hopelessly trying to build 2.0.9 on mingw,
> using the up-to-date git master branch,

The ‘master’ branch is “version 2.1”–i.e., the upcoming development
series for the future 2.2.

Guile 2.0.9 is part of the stable series and should not has this problem
on MinGW, so I would recommend using it.

> and I keep getting the following error:
>
> finalizers.c: In function 'start_finalization_thread':
> finalizers.c:259:7: error: wrong type argument to unary exclamation mark
> finalizers.c: In function 'stop_finalization_thread':
> finalizers.c:274:7: error: used struct type value where scalar is required
> finalizers.c:279:27: error: incompatible types when assigning to type
> 'pthread_t' from type 'int'
>
> here, the problem is that the code uses a non-portable feature of linux
> pthreads, namely that pthread_t is implemented as an arithmetic type.

Indeed.  Commit 1701a68 (in ‘master’) fixes that.

Thanks!

Ludo’.