Subject: bug#14465: 24.3.50; No completion for M-:

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 01:09:54 +0200

I have a four days old build (i.e. Debian emacs-snapshot).

emacs -Q: completion (TAB or M-tab) for M-: does not work (in
the minibuffer) - nothing happens.  Worked in 24.2.

I see that in `read-expression-map', TAB is now bound to
`completion-at-point', while completion-at-point-functions has a
value of (tags-completion-at-point-function).  Is this intended?

Thanks,

Michael.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.4.2)
 of 2013-05-21 on dex, modified by Debian
 (emacs-snapshot package, version 2:20130520-1)
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11204000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux testing (jessie)

Configured using:
 `configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --host x86_64-linux-gnu
 --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs-snapshot:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --without-compress-info --with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/
 --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-imagemagick=yes
 CFLAGS='-DDEBIAN -DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=5000 -g -O2'
 CPPFLAGS='-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' LDFLAGS='-g -Wl,--as-needed
 -znocombreloc''