Subject: Guile 2.1 and macro nesting

From: Sanel Zukan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 15:50:32 +0200

Hi,

Looks like macro nesting (using define-macro) inside guile 2.x is no
longer possible. Here is example:

-----------------------------------------
scheme@(guile-user)>
(define-macro (def-caller abbrev proc)
    `(define-macro (,abbrev var expr)
       `(,',proc
         (lambda (,var) ,expr))))

scheme@(guile-user)> (def-caller katch call/cc)
scheme@(guile-user)> (macroexpand '(katch 3 (+ 1 1)))
ice-9/psyntax.scm:2146:53: In procedure #<procedure 282adc0 (args e1
e2)>:
ice-9/psyntax.scm:2146:53: Syntax error:
unknown location: lambda: invalid argument list in subform (3) of (3)

Entering a new prompt.  Type `,bt' for a backtrace or `,q' to
continue.
-----------------------------------------

However, doing the same in guile 1.x and/or any other Scheme
implementation where define-macro is native, it works without
problems.

Best,
Sanel