Subject: 24.3; TAB key seems don't work fine with GNU Makefile

From: Orlando Iovino <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 21:20:39 +0200

When I compile with *Tools > Compile ...* and then I press TAB for
auto completation of a target name, in the minibuffer appears:

apply: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil

Is it a bug?

Best regards,
Orlando Iovino

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
 of 2013-03-17 on MARVIN
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.13.1-1-dev/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8/include/libxml2'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ITA
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: GNUmakefile

Minor modes in effect:
  show-paren-mode: t
  global-linum-mode: t
  linum-mode: t
  cua-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  tabbar-mwheel-mode: t
  tabbar-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
SPC w i t h SPC T A B SPC k e y SPC s e m m d <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> e m s SPC d o n t <backspace> 
' t SPC w o r k <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> d o n ' t <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> SPC n o t <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> n ' t SPC w o r k s <backspace> 
SPC f i n e <kp-enter> <help-echo> <wheel-down> <wheel-down> 
<wheel-down> <double-wheel-down> <wheel-down> <wheel-down> 
<wheel-down> <double-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> 
<wheel-down> <wheel-down> <double-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> 
<wheel-down> <double-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> 
<triple-wheel-down> <wheel-down> <double-wheel-down> 
<triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> 
<wheel-down> <double-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> 
<triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> 
<triple-wheel-down> <wheel-up> <double-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> 
<triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> 
<triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> 
<triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> 
<triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> 
<triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> C-x k <kp-enter> 
y e s <kp-enter> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu> <emacs-known-problems> 
<wheel-down> <wheel-down> <wheel-down> <wheel-down> 
<double-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> <wheel-down> 
<double-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> 
<triple-wheel-down> <wheel-down> <double-wheel-down> 
<triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> <wheel-down> 
<wheel-down> <wheel-down> <double-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> 
<triple-wheel-down> <wheel-down> <double-wheel-down> 
<triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> <triple-wheel-down> 
<triple-wheel-down> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <tool-bar> <kill-buffer> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <tools> <gdb> <kp-enter> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <tool-bar> <kill-buffer> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <f5> a <tab> l l <kp-enter> <help-echo> 
C-x C-s C-x <kp-1> <f5> <kp-enter> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu> <se
nd-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
byte-code: End of buffer [2 times]
byte-code: Beginning of buffer [6 times]
View mode: type C-h for help, h for commands, q to quit.
apply: Searching for program: permission denied, gdb
apply: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil
(No files need saving)
Compilation finished
(No changes need to be saved)
(No files need saving)
Compilation finished

Load-path shadows:
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/org hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/org
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/org-w3m hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/org-w3m
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/org-version hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/org-version
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/org-timer hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/org-timer
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/org-table hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/org-table
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/org-src hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/org-src
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/org-rmail hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/org-rmail
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/org-protocol hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/org-protocol
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/org-plot hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/org-plot
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/org-pcomplete hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/org-mouse hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/org-mouse
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/org-mobile hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/org-mobile
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/org-mhe hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/org-mhe
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/org-macs hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/org-macs
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/org-loaddefs hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/org-loaddefs
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/org-list hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/org-list
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/org-irc hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/org-irc
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/org-install hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/org-install
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/org-inlinetask hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/org-info hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/org-info
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/org-indent hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/org-indent
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/org-id hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/org-id
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/org-habit hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/org-habit
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/org-gnus hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/org-gnus
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/org-footnote hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/org-footnote
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/org-feed hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/org-feed
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/org-faces hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/org-faces
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/org-eshell hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/org-eshell
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/org-entities hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/org-entities
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/org-element hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/org-element
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/org-docview hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/org-docview
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/org-datetree hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/org-datetree
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/org-ctags hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/org-ctags
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/org-crypt hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/org-crypt
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/org-compat hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/org-compat
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/org-colview hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/org-colview
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/org-clock hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/org-clock
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/org-capture hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/org-capture
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/org-bibtex hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/org-bibtex
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/org-bbdb hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/org-bbdb
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/org-attach hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/org-attach
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/org-archive hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/org-archive
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/org-agenda hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/org-agenda
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/ob hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/ob
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-tangle hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/ob-tangle
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-table hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/ob-table
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-sqlite hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-sql hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/ob-sql
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-shen hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/ob-shen
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-sh hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/ob-sh
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-screen hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/ob-screen
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-scheme hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/ob-scheme
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-scala hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/ob-scala
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-sass hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/ob-sass
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-ruby hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/ob-ruby
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-ref hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/ob-ref
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-R hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/ob-R
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-python hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/ob-python
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-plantuml hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-picolisp hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-perl hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/ob-perl
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-org hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/ob-org
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-octave hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/ob-octave
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-ocaml hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-mscgen hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-maxima hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/ob-maxima
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-matlab hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/ob-matlab
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-lob hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/ob-lob
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-lisp hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/ob-lisp
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-lilypond hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-ledger hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/ob-ledger
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-latex hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/ob-latex
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-keys hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/ob-keys
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-js hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/ob-js
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-java hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/ob-java
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-io hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/ob-io
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-haskell hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/ob-haskell
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-gnuplot hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-fortran hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/ob-fortran
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-exp hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/ob-exp
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-eval hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/ob-eval
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-dot hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/ob-dot
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-ditaa hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-css hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/ob-css
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-comint hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/ob-comint
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-clojure hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/ob-clojure
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-calc hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/ob-calc
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-C hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/ob-C
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-awk hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/ob-awk
c:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp/org/ob-asymptote hides c:/Program Files/Emacs/lisp/org/ob-asymptote

Features:
(gdb-mi bindat json gud goto-addr thingatpt view help-mode shadow sort
gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
compile make-mode bbdb derived timezone skeleton ox-latex ox-icalendar
ox-html ox-ascii ox-publish ox org-element org byte-opt warnings
bytecomp byte-compile cconv org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete
org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp
ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs find-func
cal-menu easymenu calendar cal-loaddefs format-spec paren linum cua-base
ido hl-line tabbar easy-mmode shell-command advice help-fns cl-lib
advice-preload shell pcomplete comint ansi-color ring preview-latex
tex-site auto-loads time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp w32-common-fns disp-table w32-win
w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
w32 multi-tty emacs)