Subject: Re: bug#14408: 24.3.50; *Messages* buffer no longer updates automatically

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 13:30:18 -0400

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> Could you show a precise recipe for reproducing this, starting with
> "emacs -Q"?  I tried to reproduce with today's trunk, but couldn't.
> Perhaps I don't understand what you mean by "side by side" or don't
> invoke eval-last-sexp as you do.

Current trunk, GNU/Linux, Lucid toolkit:
emacs -Q
C-x 3
C-h e

In scratch, enter "1" and press C-x C-e. No "1" appears in Messages.
Press C-x o to select Messages. Now "1" appears.

> Does the problem depend on the frame/window size? 

Dunno.

> Does it appear in "emacs -nw" as well as in GUI sessions?

Yes.

> And what OS is that?

RHEL6.