Subject: bug#14403: 24.3.50; [regression] Typing non-ascii characters on a non-GUI MS-Windows session

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 21:11:22 +0200

I see this problem in [2] but not in [1].

Recipe from "emacs -Q -nw":
  Type these characters: áéíóúñç

Note: With my spanish keyboard, I input the accented vowels by typing
the dead key [´] and then the vowel key (e.g [a]).  As for the "ñ" and
the "ç" characters, they have their own keys.

Well, in [1], I see the expected characters in the buffer (áéíóúñç), but
in [2] I see these characters instead: ßÚÝ¾·±þ

--- Footnotes ---

[1] Build from the emacs-24 branch:

  In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
   of 2013-04-08 on LEG570
  Bzr revision: 111342 [email-masked]
  Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
  Configured using:
   `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
   -IC:/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.10/include -IC:/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.10/src
   -IC:/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1_win32/include
   -IC:/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2_win32/include
   -IC:/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1-lib/include
   -IC:/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4-lib/include
   -IC:/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1-lib/include
   -IC:/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8-w32-bin/include/libxml2
   -IC:/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.1.10-w32/include
   -IC:/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.14-2-mingw32-dev/include'

  Important settings:
    value of $LANG: ENU
    locale-coding-system: cp1252
    default enable-multibyte-characters: t

[2] Build from the trunk:

  In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
   of 2013-04-21 on LEG570
  Bzr revision: 112347 [email-masked]
  Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
  Configured using:
   `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
   -IC:/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.10/include -IC:/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.10/src
   -IC:/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1_win32/include
   -IC:/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2_win32/include
   -IC:/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1-lib/include
   -IC:/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4-lib/include
   -IC:/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1-lib/include
   -IC:/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8-w32-bin/include/libxml2
   -IC:/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.1.10-w32/include
   -IC:/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.14-2-mingw32-dev/include'
  
  Important settings:
    value of $LANG: ENU
    locale-coding-system: cp1252
    default enable-multibyte-characters: t