Subject: bug#14394: closed (Re: bug#14394: jit-lock-force-redisplay redefinition breaks jit fontification in auctex)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 21:45:03 +0000

Your bug report

#14394: jit-lock-force-redisplay redefinition breaks jit fontification in auctex

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
14394: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=14394
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#14394: jit-lock-force-redisplay redefinition breaks jit fontification in auctex
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 16:44:34 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 24.4

Antoine Levitt wrote:

> First and easiest, the docstring of jit-lock-force-redisplay was not
> changed, and still mentions the old BUF argument.

Fixed.

The remainder is an AUCTeX issue, and since you said you already mailed
them about it, no need to keep this Emacs bug report open.

Subject: jit-lock-force-redisplay redefinition breaks jit fontification in auctex
From: Antoine Levitt <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 11:23:07 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

A commit of Stefan Monnier in April 23 changed the API of
jit-lock-force-redisplay. First and easiest, the docstring of
jit-lock-force-redisplay was not changed, and still mentions the old BUF
argument.

Second, this breaks function font-latex-jit-lock-force-redisplay in
auctex, which uses the old prototype. This is present in emacs and
auctex from trunk. Is the prototype change really necessary? If no, this
is a bug for emacs, if yes, this is a bug for auctex. In doubt, I'm
submitting the report in both.