Subject: Re: [Bug-AUCTeX] bug#14394: jit-lock-force-redisplay redefinition breaks jit fontification in auctex

From: Ralf Angeli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 18:57:51 +0200

* Eli Zaretskii (2013-05-13) writes:

>> Second, this breaks function font-latex-jit-lock-force-redisplay in
>> auctex, which uses the old prototype. This is present in emacs and
>> auctex from trunk.
>
> The doc string fix issue aside, is there any reason why AUCTeX should
> call jit-lock-force-redisplay, instead of always using its expanded
> code, like it does for versions of Emacs that don't have that
> function?

I guess the idea was that calling the function might be more
forward-compatible than using the expanded code because this decouples
the code from future changes in the underlying machinery.  In this
particular case this didn't work so well, but things can break with
either approach.

Mosè already changed the code in AUCTeX's repository to use the expanded
code only, so we might stick with this for the time being and see what
happens.

-- 
Ralf