Subject: bug#14393: 24.3; The highlight of the mark persists after C-c in cua-mode

From: kostafey <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 12:22:28 +0400

(cua-mode t)
(setq transient-mark-mode t)

After mark some text and copy it via C-c the region mark highlight normally
disappear.

But from the some period of emacs running the region mark highlight is not
disappear
after C-c is pressed. If I look closely, the some parts of the letters near
the point (cursor) flicker sometimes.
At this moument emacs behaves like region mark is not active (as usual),
it is only highlighted (that is unusual). If I move cursor e.g. right-char
the mark highlight is disappeared.

It is hard to reproduce it when I want, but I've got this behaviour every
time I run the emacs.
Restart emacs solves this problem for some period of time.

The most likely way to reproduce it:
1. Launch emacs.
2. Copy/paste something inside emacs buffers.
3. M-x (iconify-or-deiconify-frame) or maybe simple swtch to other
application would be enough.
4. Wait for some enough time (probably more then 20 minutes)
5. Restore emacs application.
6. Mark (select) some text and press C-c.

How to solve it?
How I can collect more data about this problem?
I can't test it via run emacs -Q since I can't reproduce the problem when
the emacs just started.

GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2013-03-17 on MARVIN
The linux version of GNU Emacs 24.3.1 has the same behaviour.