Subject: Re: bug#14361: Building guile 2.0.9 under mingw + msys

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2016 15:46:35 +0300

> From: Andy Wingo <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 23:19:24 +0200
> 
> Hi Eli :)
> 
> Thank you for your ongoing work on MinGW and Guile, it's really
> appreciated.  I just wanted to say that explicitly here, even though I'm
> closing this bug, as I understand that things have progressed a bit in
> these 3 years; anyway.  Your work is so valuable to many users.  Thanks!

Thanks.

I would be happier, though, if the patch for open-process, whose last
version I submitted here:

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-devel/2014-08/msg00015.html

would be admitted to the repository, as it fixes important
functionality that is currently unavailable in the MinGW build with
upstream sources.  AFAIR, the last communication about this patch was
here:

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-devel/2014-08/msg00024.html
  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-devel/2014-08/msg00041.html

I pinged about it a month later:

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-devel/2014-09/msg00066.html

but got no responses.