Subject: bug#14356: 24.3; Symbol's value as variable is void: help-xref-following

From: Vitalie Spinu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2013 11:32:28 +0200

>> Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
 >> on Tue, 07 May 2013 02:40:38 -0400 wrote:

 > Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:
 >> Sorry, I am at least one of the culprits. 

 > I don't think you are, since your help-xref-following binding comes
 > after a describe-bindings call, and that causes help-mode to be loaded.
 > But nevertheless your change is a good one for the sake of clarity.

 > I don't see anything in Emacs 24.3 that could cause this, so probably
 > some external package.

I have grepped all the packages I am using and except gnus-art.el only
smartparents do in a functionality that I have never used.

I clean started gnus and invoked describe-bindings, and indeed it was
not causing this problem. But when invoked through helm-descbinds-mode
it did.

Here is how to reproduce:

   Enter gnus article and press C-h b (helm-descbinds), then C-g to
   exit, the let-binding warning appears and help-xref-following is not
   bound.

After updating gnus everything is fine.

Thanks, 
    Vitalie