Subject: bug#1435: #1435 - C-Click on a mode in the mode-line causes crash in MacOS X. - Emacs bug report logs

From: Jason Schadel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 11:05:09 -0500

That was from a fresh emacs started with -Q.  After a little more  
debugging, I noticed that the message buffer displays "mode-line down- 
mouse-3-".   I was assuming that C-Click was producing the same result  
because on a mac that is the same as a right click in the Finder, but  
in emacs it seems that it distinguishes between a right click(mouse-3)  
and a C-Click.

The same exception is raised when I Command-Click or just Click on a  
mode in the mode-line.  The message buffer displays "mode-line down- 
mouse-1-"

On Nov 28, 2008, at 7:50 PM, Adrian Robert wrote:

> I can't reproduce it.  What is the mode, does it need to be a frame  
> split into multiple windows and it is a certain one of the modelines?
>
> Also, what is the output at the beginning of your "Debug Output"  
> section about writeSelectionToPasteboard from?  Is it from some  
> earlier activity?  Can you reproduce the bug in a fresh emacs  
> started with -Q?
>
> Thanks.
>