Subject: bug#14334: closed (Re: bug#14334: 24.3.50; Memory usage grows indefinititely)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 08 May 2013 16:35:02 +0000

Your bug report

#14334: 24.3.50; Memory usage grows indefinititely

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
14334: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=14334
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#14334: 24.3.50; Memory usage grows indefinititely
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 May 2013 12:34:52 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Assuming fixed by
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-diffs/2013-05/msg00097.html

Please reopen if not.

Subject: 24.3.50; Memory usage grows indefinititely
From: Óscar Fuentes <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 May 2013 14:30:48 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Found this problem while experimenting with the flx package
( https://github.com/lewang/flx ).

Put the two attached files somewhere on you load-path.

emacs -Q

eval this:

(require 'flx-ido)
(ido-mode 1)
(setq ido-enable-flex-matching t)
(setq flx-ido-use t)

Now do C-x b for switching to another buffer. Once the list of
candidates is shown, press C-s (which would usually cycle to the next
candidate.) Emacs will start using 100% CPU and consuming memory at a
very quick rate. C-g makes Emacs responsive again.

flx developer reported that the bug is not reproducible on his Emacs
24.3.1.

The original bug report is here:

https://github.com/lewang/flx/issues/6

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.5 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, X toolkit)
 of 2013-04-06 on qcore
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11303000
System Description:	Ubuntu 13.04

Configured using:
 `configure --with-x-toolkit=lucid --without-toolkit-scroll-bars'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu> <send-emacs-bug
-report>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Starting new Ispell process [/usr/bin/aspell::default] ...
Checking spelling of INDEFINITITELY...
byte-code: Window #<window 0x10edd98 on  *Minibuf-1*> too small for splitting

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr ispell emacsbug message format-spec
rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date tooltip ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process inotify dynamic-setting
font-render-setting x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)