Subject: bug#14333: closed (Re: bug#14333: 24.3.50; Emacs hangs when trying to exit)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 07:16:03 +0000

Your bug report

#14333: 24.3.50; Emacs hangs when trying to exit

which was filed against the emacs,w32 package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
14333: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=14333
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#14333: 24.3.50; Emacs hangs when trying to exit
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 10:15:46 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 08:30:39 +0200
> From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> Since these hangs used to appear only sporadically, I think we can
> close this bug now

Done.

Thanks.

Subject: 24.3.50; Emacs hangs when trying to exit
From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 09:09:14 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

At work, I use Emacs in some Windows 2003 server machines, which I
connect to via remote desktop.  Usually, my Emacs sessions in those
machines last for several days.

Well, lately (during the last months or so - I can't be more precise),
I've noticed that, whenever I try to close one of such Emacs session
(C-x C-c), Emacs hangs (after showing the message about saving
bookmarks) and I have to kill the process with the task manager.

Probably this information alone is insufficient for investigating the
problem, but I let you know anyway.  If there is something I could do
to provide more info, let me know.

TIA

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.2.3790)
 of 2013-04-15 on LEG570
Bzr revision: 112297
[email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.2.3790
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -IC:/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.10/include -IC:/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.10/src
 -IC:/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1_win32/include
 -IC:/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2_win32/include
 -IC:/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1-lib/include
 -IC:/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4-lib/include
 -IC:/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1-lib/include
 -IC:/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8-w32-bin/include/libxml2
 -IC:/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.1.10-w32/include
 -IC:/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.14-2-mingw32-dev/include'

--
Dani Moncayo