Subject: Re: bug#14333: 24.3.50; Emacs hangs when trying to exit

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 09:18:16 +0200

>> The code involved in this is not about network _files_, it's about
>> network _connections_, like using the url package or Tramp or FTP.  It
>> could also be related to the Emacs server and using emacsclient.  So
>> maybe trying to shut down the Emacs server manually before exiting
>> Emacs might prevent the lockup.
>
> Grepping through Lisp files, it looks like these features are the ones
> that use server sockets which could be involved in this issue:
>
>   Emacs server (server.el)
>   ERC
>   Gnus
>   Tramp (unlikely, since it only uses server connections for some rare cases)
>   org-irc.el
>
> If you use any of these, they are the potential culprits.

Of those, the only feature I think I use is Emacs server, because I
have `(server-start)' in my init file.

And FWIW, the hanged session I reported yesterday didn't have any
client session connected to that server session (I rarely start client
sessions).

--
Dani Moncayo