Subject: bug#14333: 24.3.50; Emacs hangs when trying to exit

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 10:20:37 +0200

> Could you next time attach GDB to a running Emacs (before it hangs),
> or start Emacs under GDB to begin with, put a breakpoint in 'die' and
> in 'Fkill_emacs', and see what happens when you exit?  If the
> breakpoint inside 'Fkill_emacs' breaks, just type the "continue"
> command; Emacs will probably exit normally.  But if the breakpoint in
> 'die' breaks, please see what kind of object do you have in 'fun', the
> value that is passed to XSUBR on line 2815 above.

I'll try it next time.

> Do you have some hooks that are run via kill-emacs-query-functions?
> If so, what are they?

No, I don't have any such hook.

> Also, is it possible that you are exiting Emacs from a client frame,
> i.e. a frame that was created by emacsclient?

I had only one frame, but it was not a client frame  (but FWIW, I have
(server-start) in my init file).

Thank you.

-- 
Dani Moncayo