Subject: bug#14331: 24.3.50; vc-dir not working

From: Sujith Manoharan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 07:40:02 +0530

vc-dir is not working on a git repository. Executing "C-x v d" throws
the error "error in process sentinel: Invalid function: remove-function"
and the buffer is not updated with the list of modified files.

I am using Emacs trunk.
The git version on my machine is: 1.8.2.2

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.4 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.17)
 of 2013-05-01 on nako
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11401000
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --without-sound --without-toolkit-scroll-bars
 --without-xaw3d --without-xim --without-gpm --without-gconf --without-gsettings
 --without-selinux --without-gnutls --without-imagemagick --without-acl
 --without-inotify --with-x-toolkit=gtk2'

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LANG: en_IN.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-smiley-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  erc-scrolltobottom-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  iswitchb-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: 1
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-v C-v C-v M-v M-v M-v M-v C-c C-c y y C-g C-g C-g 
C-g C-g <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <up> C-SPC <down> <down> <down> <down> C-x r 
s 1 <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> C-x k <return> M-x s e t - m s u j i <tab> 
<return> M-x <up> <up> <return> <up> <return> <C-up> 
<C-up> <C-up> <C-up> <C-up> <C-up> <C-up> <C-up> C-e 
C-a <return> <up> C-c C-f C-f C-f C-g C-g C-c C-f f 
C-g C-g C-h m C-x 1 <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> C-k <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> C-SPC <down> C-w C-x r i 1 <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <up> <down> <down> <up> <down> 
C-SPC <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> C-w C-k <C-up> <C-up> <C-up> <C-up> 
<C-up> <C-up> C-c C-c y y n C-x k <return> C-x m C-x 
k <return> C-x <backspace> C-g C-g C-g M-x v m <return> 
q M-x <up> <up> <return> <up> <return> C-SPC <C-up> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> C-w <down> <up> 
C-n C-SPC <C-down> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> C-w C-x r i 1 <C-up> C-c C-c y y C-g 
C-g C-g C-g C-x k <return> C-x C-f . e m a <tab> <return> 
C-v C-v C-v C-x 1 C-v C-v C-v M-v M-x v m <return> 
v w <tab> <return> q v I <tab> q <tab> <return> SPC 
S q v i <tab> <return> q v I <tab> m <tab> <return> 
q v w <tab> <return> q q M-x <up> <up> <return>

Recent messages:
internal-lists: Quitting...
/home/sujith/mail/INBOX-msujith: Reading folder... done
INBOX-msujith: 17 messages, 0 new, 0 unread, 0 deleted
INBOX-msujith: Decoding MIME message... done
INBOX-msujith: 17 messages, 0 new, 0 unread, 0 deleted [2 times]
INBOX-msujith: Quitting...
/home/sujith/mail/wireless: Reading folder... done
wireless: 166 messages, 0 new, 0 unread, 0 deleted [3 times]
wireless: Quitting...
INBOX-gmail: Quitting...

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emms/tq hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/tq

Features:
(shadow mailalias flyspell ispell vm-reply cycbuf emacsbug mm-archive crm
debbugs-gnu derived debbugs cl-macs gv cl cl-lib soap-client compile autoload
tar-mode lisp-mnt help-mode mule-util url-http url-gw url-cache url-auth
finder-inf misearch multi-isearch info vc-git vc-bzr vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs
vc-rcs vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher emms-info-libtag emms-playlist-limit
emms-volume easy-mmode emms-volume-amixer emms-i18n emms-history emms-score
emms-stream-info emms-metaplaylist-mode emms-bookmarks emms-lastfm-client xml
parse-time emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon emms-browser sort emms-playlist-sort
emms-last-played emms-player-xine emms-player-mpd tq emms-playing-time
emms-lyrics emms-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-parse url-vars emms-streams
emms-tag-editor emms-mark emms-mode-line emms-cache emms-info-ogginfo
emms-info-mp3info emms-info later-do emms-playlist-mode emms-player-vlc
emms-player-mplayer emms-player-simple emms-source-playlist emms-source-file
emms-setup emms emms-compat w3m-form w3m browse-url doc-view jka-compr
image-mode timezone w3m-hist w3m-fb bookmark-w3m w3m-ems w3m-ccl ccl w3m-favicon
w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util vm-w3m u-vm-color vm-save tapestry vm-sort sendmail
vm-rfaddons vm-undo vm-virtual vm-summary-faces vm-pop utf7 vm-imap vm-thread
vm-mime vm-toolbar vm-menu vm-window vm-folder vm-crypto vm-summary vm-mouse
vm-page vm-motion vm-minibuf vm-message vm-misc vm-macro mairix vm-autoloads
vm-vars vm-version vm dired-aux shell smiley gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 epg-config
mm-view mml-smime smime dig mailcap gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail
mail-source gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message idna rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader
mail-utils network-stream starttls tls erc-track erc-ring erc-netsplit erc-menu
erc-match erc-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-color erc-button erc-fill
erc-stamp erc-join erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat format-spec
auth-source eieio gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache thingatpt pp
svg-clock-autoloads zenburn-theme-autoloads package byte-opt warnings bytecomp
byte-compile cconv eudcb-ldap ldap eudc cus-edit cus-start cus-load eudc-vars
wid-edit nadvice advice help-fns battery time dired-x dired edmacro kmacro
xcscope ring easymenu zenburn-theme server iswitchb savehist saveplace time-date
tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)