Subject: bug#14325: 24.3; cc-mode does not initialize correctly w/ -batch

From: Achim Gratz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 19:45:05 +0200

Publishing from Worg (the community webpages for Org) runs in batch mode
and uses cc-mode for syntax highlighting for some source code examples.
While testing the publishing process with Emacs 24 I've come across an
apparent regression in cc-mode: it tries to use the initial value for
c-standard-font-lock-fontify-region-function, which happens to be nil to
do a funcall and errors out since the function slot of that variable is
void.  I've worked around the error by adding this to the init file:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
;; to have things work correctly in batch-mode
(require 'font-lock)
(require 'cc-mode)
(c-after-font-lock-init)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I cannot tell if that works correctly in all cases or why this is
necessary, but simply by switching to Emacs 23 it all works correctly
without it.

The publishing setup, if required for reproduction of the bug, is
described in more detail here:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/71405/focus=71466

Regards,
Achim.
-- 
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+

SD adaptations for KORG EX-800 and Poly-800MkII V0.9:
http://Synth.Stromeko.net/Downloads.html#KorgSDada