Subject: bug#14324: 24.3; GTK scrollbar doesn't scroll proportionally when Line Wrapping is set to "Truncate Long Lines"

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2021 09:12:28 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> > What happens if you customize the value of
>> > scroll-bar-adjust-thumb-portion?
>> 
>> Then it seems to adjust the height of the scroll bar logically (i.e.,
>> based on what's shown in the window, and not on the length of the
>> (truncated) text).
>
> So does it mean that that variable could be a solution to the problem?
> Or did I misunderstand you?

The bug reported by the user is that Emacs miscalculates the size of the
scroll bar by default (with truncated lines).  It doesn't miscalculate
this if `scroll-bar-adjust-thumb-portion' is nil, so it seems like this
is a bug that could (and should) be fixed in the t case.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no