Subject: Re: bug#14324: 24.3; GTK scrollbar doesn't scroll proportionally when Line Wrapping is set to "Truncate Long Lines"

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2021 07:23:10 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thanks.  I don't see any issues with this.  I'm not on GTK, so maybe
> this is an issue with GTK scrollbars?

Just so we're on the same page, here's screenshots of the situation.

This is without truncate-lines.

With truncate-lines.  Note that the scroll bar has the same identical
length.

And finally with the lines truncated for real -- note the longer scroll
bar.

So it seems to compute the length of the scroll bar based on the
non-truncated length of the text in the buffer.

> What happens if you customize the value of
> scroll-bar-adjust-thumb-portion?

Then it seems to adjust the height of the scroll bar logically (i.e.,
based on what's shown in the window, and not on the length of the
(truncated) text).

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no