Subject: Re: bug#14320: 24.3; delete-region is altering the kill ring

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 12:11:36 -0400

Jeff B wrote:

> Anyway delete-region seems to be making a record of what it deletes the
> first time I do the delete after the first insert so that when I do the
> second insert it gives me the first thing I deleted. Usually. It will
> rarely do what it used to do and is supposed to do. The first thing I
> delete with the function above does not show up in the kill ring until
> AFTER I do the second insert. ????
[...]
> Now clearly somehow delete-region does set something up to go into the
> kill ring, tho as I've said above it doesn't appear there until I do the
> second insert. Mostly.
>
> I need to emphasize that this problem is NOT ALWAYS reproducible (which
> is why I gave up trying to send you something nice and neat to fix back
> when I first ran into the problem) and that what shows up in the kill
> ring can be different from test to test.

Sorry, I can't see how delete-region could affect the kill-ring by
itself. So without that minimal reproducible recipe, I don't think we
can do anything for you. I'm guessing it is something in your
configuration somewhere.