Subject: Re: bug#14305: 23.4; doc string of `frame-visible-p'

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2014 03:03:19 -0800

"Drew Adams" <[email-masked]> writes:

> This makes it sound like "iconified" is something different from
> "minimized":
>
>   Return the symbol `icon' if FRAME is iconified or "minimized".
>
> To imply that minimized means the same thing as iconified, you need a
> comma after "iconified" (or put "'minimized'" in parens):
>
>   Return the symbol `icon' if FRAME is iconified, or minimized.
>
>   Return the symbol `icon' if FRAME is iconified (minimized).

Well, are they the same thing?  

> The second is clearer, not requiring readers to notice the comma and
> recognize how it changes parsing of the sentence.
>
> And you can remove the quotes around "visible", "minimized", and
> "taskbar".

Even if a frame is obscured by other frames (and is therefore not
visible), I think this function will still say that it is "visible".  So
I think the sneer quotes are correct here.  Closing.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/