Subject: bug#14300: closed (Re: bug#14300: 24.3; comint-dynamic-complete-functions breaks)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 01:22:02 +0000

Your bug report

#14300: 24.3; comint-dynamic-complete-functions breaks

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
14300: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=14300
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#14300: 24.3; comint-dynamic-complete-functions breaks
From: Leo Liu <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 09:21:21 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Fix in trunk for octave mode instead.

Subject: 24.3; comint-dynamic-complete-functions breaks
From: Leo Liu <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 14:39:10 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This looks like a regression to me.

The semantics of comint-dynamic-complete-functions has changed between
emacs-24 and previous releases.

Previously entries are tried one after another to perform completion
i.e. actually perform the completion.

With the new semantics it only does the first one because it will always
(99% cases) succeed (getting the completion-table nearly always
succeeds).

This is unfortunate because a lot of modes rely on the previous
behaviour to provide rich completions for comint based modes.

I noticed this bug because file completion no longer works in
octave-mode.

Leo