Subject: bug#14297: 24.3.50; emacs subprocesses don't exit on "exit"

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2015 00:45:04 +0100

Paul Eggert <[email-masked]> writes:

> On second thought, please forget my patch.  get_child_status will abort
> anyway, if the bug that I hypothesized occurs, so my patch isn't needed.
>
> On 05/13/13 10:41, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>
>> How about this alternative idea: write a replacement waitpid, which
>> will check if it is called by someone other than our main thread, and
>> with its first argument negative, and then produce a backtrace or some
>> message to stderr?  Would that work to trap calls to waitpid from GTK?
>
> That could well work, yes, and it might be worth trying if we see
> the right symptoms.  But since get_child_status is not aborting I
> don't think we're seeing the right symptoms.

The problem here seemed to be with Gtk under Kubuntu.  Is this still a
problem, or has it gone away during the last two years?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no