Subject: Re: bug#14297: 24.3.50; emacs subprocesses don't exit on "exit"

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 14:53:55 -0400

Vitalie Spinu wrote:

>  > Are you able to bisect to find the revision that caused this?
>
> I have tried, but plenty of location in trunk history (before January
> 2013) don't build because of (usually) silly elisp errors in peripheral
> packages.
>
> Is there a way to instruct "make" to skip these non-essential elisp
> errors? 

I think you must be pretty close to finding it already, because you said
Dec 30 was bad, but that emacs-24 was ok? This narrows it down to
between Dec 30 and Nov 2, because emacs-24 only diverged from trunk on
Nov 2:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2012-11/msg00019.html

It's fairly likely to be something in process.c. So if you find a build
after Nov 2 that doesn't have the issue, you can probably get away with
just "make" after switching to each different revision, rather than
building from a clean state.

Otherwise, even if make bootstrap fails compiling some non-essential
elisp, then so long as src/emacs got built, you ought to be able to test
it for the problem.