Subject: bug#14291: libtool 2.4.2 fails to build due to macro_revision reversion

From: Bob Friesenhahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 12:28:12 -0500 (CDT)

I have narrowed the problem down to a difference in output from 
libltdl/config/mkstamp.  Not all awks produce the same output, and the 
'gawk' provided as a package with OpenSolaris (as well as hand-built 
3.1.8) core dumps.

Using Solaris /usr/xpg4/bin/awk:

1.3135 2011-10-17

Using GNU Awk 3.1.5:

awk: cmd. line:3: 
(FILENAME=/home/bfriesen/src/gnu/libtool-2.4.2/ChangeLog.1997 FNR=134) 
fatal error: internal error
zsh: IOT instruction (core dumped)  ./libltdl/config/mkstamp 
/home/bfriesen/src/gnu/libtool-2.4.2

Using GNU Awk 3.1.8:

awk: cmd. line:3:
(FILENAME=/home/bfriesen/src/gnu/libtool-2.4.2/ChangeLog.1997 FNR=134)
fatal error: internal error
zsh: IOT instruction (core dumped)  ./libltdl/config/mkstamp
/home/bfriesen/src/gnu/libtool-2.4.2

Using GNU Awk 4.0.2:
1.3337 2011-10-17

On Solaris 10 with GNU Awk 3.1.5:

1.3337 2011-10-17

On GNU/Linux with GNU Awk 3.1.8:

1.3337 2011-10-17

On FreeBSD with FreeBSD awk 20070501:
1.3337 2011-10-17

Bob
-- 
Bob Friesenhahn
[email-masked], http://www.simplesystems.org/users/bfriesen/
GraphicsMagick Maintainer,    http://www.GraphicsMagick.org/