Subject: bug#14242: vc-next-action with registered file [VC-mode with subversion 1.7.8]

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 17:46:01 -0400

(Please keep the debbugs address cc'd)

Robert Goldman wrote:

> Thanks. Question: isn't the stuff from my trace of vc-svn wrong? I.e.,
> do we agree that vc-svn is incorrectly seeing a file that's
> unregistered? If that's the case, I can try to zero in on why I'm
> getting these bad results, and provide you some more useful feedback.

It certainly sounds like Emacs is getting the svn status of the file
wrong. This may or may not be due to a problem parsing the output of the
"svn status" external command. Eg it could be due to us not calling "svn
status"; http://debbugs.gnu.org/7850 comes to mind.

The most helpful thing is of course a recipe to reliably reproduce the problem.
Failing that, you might try edebugging vc-next-action to see why it gets
"state" wrong.

> Also, is there some way I can examine the copy of vc-svn.el that I
> have to make sure that you and I are talking about the same thing?

I'm using the one in the current Emacs trunk. You can use locate-library
or somesuch to find yours.