Subject: bug#14206: 24.3.50; doc string of `execute-kbd-macro'

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 15:00:07 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> No, I think (fset 'foo "\M-:").
>
> IOW, an indirect function could produce a macro, right?
>
> In general, keyboard macros produce strings like that, which I'm sure
> you know, so I'm not sure if I understand your question.

I did not know that putting non-function stuff into the function slot of
a symbol was a thing that we do.  Actually, I don't think it is.  :-)

So I agree that this documentation is still kinda incomprehensible, even
though what it says is literally true:

MACRO can also be a vector of keyboard events.  If MACRO is a symbol,
its function definition is used.

Perhaps something like

If MACRO is a symbol, and its function definition is a string or a
vector of keyboard events, its function definition is used.

?  Or put it at the end, saying that it's deprecated...

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no