Subject: bug#14204: [ELPA] Update coffe-mode.el to latest version

From: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 08:12:33 +0000

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

> Reuben Thomas <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> At this stage, given that coffee-mode is unlikely to be that popular, I
>> think it's probably a waste of effort to try to get signatures from any
>> authors who haven't yet signed; so if there are authors who haven't, then
>> NonGNU ELPA is the right place to put it.
>
> I don't know much about CoffeeScript and web development in general, but
> I was searching online and found this assessment:
>
>     In summary, CoffeeScript began as a fantastic idea (making it easier
>     to write JavaScript code); ultimately, however, it didn’t stand the
>     test of time and was pushed out by JavaScript.

I am not sure if this is the case, or if it was pushed out by another
high-level JavaScript language, Microsoft's TypeScript. They appear to
have shared a common trajectory to their respective Electron editors
(CoffeeScript was used to write the now stagnating Atom, TypeScript was
used to write the currently popular VSCode).

On that topic, I have contacted the typescript-mode maintainers a while
back and they have agreed to distribute their package on NonGNU ELPA.

-- 
	Philip Kaludercic