Subject: Re: bug#14204: [ELPA] Update coffe-mode.el to latest version

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 17:56:10 -0400

Reuben Thomas <[email-masked]> writes:

> At this stage, given that coffee-mode is unlikely to be that popular, I
> think it's probably a waste of effort to try to get signatures from any
> authors who haven't yet signed; so if there are authors who haven't, then
> NonGNU ELPA is the right place to put it.

I don't know much about CoffeeScript and web development in general, but
I was searching online and found this assessment:

    In summary, CoffeeScript began as a fantastic idea (making it easier
    to write JavaScript code); ultimately, however, it didn’t stand the
    test of time and was pushed out by JavaScript. Currently, hardly
    anyone remembers it. Most new people in the front-end environment
    don’t even know such a language existed. Instead of being included
    in lists of the most popular new programming languages, it takes top
    spots on the lists of the worst languages ​​to learn.

    https://betterprogramming.pub/how-coffeescript-got-forgotten-812328225987

If the above is any indication, I would say we have better things to
focus on and move it to NonGNU ELPA.  But that's me.