Subject: 24.3.50; recursive edit while running ispell not working usefully

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 17:00:52 +0200

Hi,

I think the most common use of entering a recursive edit in an ispell
session (C-r) would be to modify the checked buffer - especially, to
substitute the currently checked word with some other text.  But
whenever I exit the recursive edit (C-M-c), the deleted text reappears
and is highlighted again as unknown by ispell.  I see this in emacs -Q,
e.g. after M-x ispell-buffer in *scratch*.

If this most simple case - replacing the current word - is not working,
we shouldn't IMHO advertise C-r in `ispell-help' etc.

(Had raised this issue in emacs.devel before, but had gotten no answer.)

Thanks,

Michael.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.4.2)
 of 2013-04-10 on dex, modified by Debian
 (emacs-snapshot package, version 2:20130410-1)
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11204000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux 7.0 (wheezy)

Configured using:
 `configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --host x86_64-linux-gnu
 --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs-snapshot:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --without-compress-info --with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/
 --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-imagemagick=yes
 CFLAGS='-DDEBIAN -DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=5000 -g -O2'
 CPPFLAGS='-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' LDFLAGS='-g -Wl,--as-needed
 -znocombreloc''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: de_DE.utf8
  value of $LC_TIME: C
  value of $LANG: de_DE.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t