Subject: Re: bug#14192: 24.3.50; recursive edit while running ispell not working usefully

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2024 02:25:20 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> FTR: C-r indeed was not meant to be used to modify the misspelled
> word.  ispell.el has 'r' and 'R' commands for that.  C-r is for
> consulting the rest of the text, without modifying it and without
> disrupting the spelling session.  An alternative is to type 'X', make
> any modifications you want, and then resume spelling with "C-u M-$".

Thanks - especially for your concretizations of the spell checking
related parts in the user manual.

I find it an a bit obscure design that there is C-r that reverses edits,
then X, which allows to resume the session, and C-g, which doesn't allow
resuming.  Maybe less commands would suffice.  But I don't use ispell
often, I can't really tell whether the interface is intuitive, and
nobody else seems to be interested in this topic.

So, if we don't get any other replies until some more time has passed,
I'm ok with closing this one.

Thanks,

Michael.