Subject: Re: bug#14192: 24.3.50; recursive edit while running ispell not working usefully

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 00:30:10 +0100

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

> So do tell us if we make mistakes, but please be patient with us if we
> aren't always as polite or diligent as we are on our best days.

All good - see my reply to Eli.  But please try to be as polite as
possible, given the mountain of bugs in front of you.  I don't care
personally, but it's good to not leave a bad impression to others.

But maybe we can quickly handle this report?  What's your opinion about
the behavior of Emacs?

AFAIR after I had made the report I had been told that for replacing
words I should use r or R instead of C-r aka recursive-edit (have a
better memory than I thought I would have...maybe it had been Eli).  And
that the r-e is more for looking up words in a dictionary or such
things, not to make buffer changes.  Nonetheless do I still dislike the
behavior of C-r.  Does it make sense to you, does it have advantages I
don't see?

TIA,

Michael.