Subject: Re: bug#14192: 24.3.50; recursive edit while running ispell not working usefully

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2024 04:13:50 +0100

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

> That was 10 years ago, so I'm reaching out to see if this is still
> an issue on a modern version of Emacs.

AFAIK, nothing has changed in the behavior since then.

I guess the authors did not intend the recursive edit to be used to
change the buffer text.
But if somebody uses it to change the buffer text, Emacs will happily
mess it up.

> If I don't hear back from you within a couple of months, Ill just assume
> that this has been fixed and close this bug.

I hope this is not your standard reply.  I mean, ten years, I could have
died in the meantime, which would not mean that the bug has magically
disappeared.  I hope you send this kind of text only to people you know
that are still using Emacs regularly.  Because, if some user asks a
question, gets no answer, then makes a bug report, and is ignored for
ten years, it is very unfriendly to request anything at all.  I
know about the situation of our bug collection, but this is not
expedient.  You can't expect anyone to even still use Emacs after
a whole decade.

Michael.