Subject: bug#14171: Aw: Re: bug#14171: REPL doesn't work on windows min-gw

From: Jan Schukat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 08:37:58 +0200

Just a quick follow-up. Tried to run the test suite. And to see how it 
is supposed to work I first did that on linux. But when you use a 
--disaple-posix guile it fails at the second test already because chdir 
is defined in the posix module. So I didn't even run it on windows yet.

Here's my output:

;;; note: auto-compilation is enabled, set GUILE_AUTO_COMPILE=0
;;;       or pass the --no-auto-compile argument to disable.
;;; compiling /home/shookie/core/lib/guile-2.0/test-suite/guile-test
;;; compiling /home/shookie/core/lib/guile-2.0/test-suite/test-suite/lib.scm
;;; test-suite/lib.scm:531:46: warning: possibly unbound variable 
`setlocale'
;;; test-suite/lib.scm:531:46: warning: possibly unbound variable `LC_ALL'
;;; test-suite/lib.scm:533:49: warning: possibly unbound variable 
`setlocale'
;;; test-suite/lib.scm:533:49: warning: possibly unbound variable `LC_ALL'
;;; test-suite/lib.scm:539:14: warning: possibly unbound variable 
`setlocale'
;;; test-suite/lib.scm:539:14: warning: possibly unbound variable `LC_ALL'
;;; compiled 
/home/shookie/.cache/guile/ccache/2.0-LE-4-2.0/home/shookie/core/lib/guile-2.0/test-suite/test-suite/lib.scm.go
;;; guile-test:250:20: warning: possibly unbound variable `close'
;;; compiled 
/home/shookie/.cache/guile/ccache/2.0-LE-4-2.0/home/shookie/core/lib/guile-2.0/test-suite/guile-test.go
Running tests/00-initial-env.test
;;; compiling 
/home/shookie/core/lib/guile-2.0/test-suite/tests/00-initial-env.test
;;; compiled 
/home/shookie/.cache/guile/ccache/2.0-LE-4-2.0/home/shookie/core/lib/guile-2.0/test-suite/tests/00-initial-env.test.go
Running tests/00-socket.test
;;; compiling 
/home/shookie/core/lib/guile-2.0/test-suite/tests/00-socket.test
;;; tests/00-socket.test:195:0: warning: possibly unbound variable `chdir'
;;; tests/00-socket.test:303:23: warning: possibly unbound variable 
`primitive-fork'
;;; tests/00-socket.test:338:33: warning: possibly unbound variable 
`waitpid'
;;; tests/00-socket.test:339:24: warning: possibly unbound variable 
`status:exit-val'
;;; tests/00-socket.test:383:23: warning: possibly unbound variable 
`primitive-fork'
;;; tests/00-socket.test:411:33: warning: possibly unbound variable 
`waitpid'
;;; tests/00-socket.test:412:24: warning: possibly unbound variable 
`status:exit-val'
;;; tests/00-socket.test:481:23: warning: possibly unbound variable 
`primitive-fork'
;;; tests/00-socket.test:516:33: warning: possibly unbound variable 
`waitpid'
;;; tests/00-socket.test:517:24: warning: possibly unbound variable 
`status:exit-val'
;;; tests/00-socket.test:522:20: warning: possibly unbound variable `chdir'
;;; compiled 
/home/shookie/.cache/guile/ccache/2.0-LE-4-2.0/home/shookie/core/lib/guile-2.0/test-suite/tests/00-socket.test.go
Backtrace:
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  157: 10 [catch #t #<catch-closure 9515ae0> ...]
In unknown file:
    ?: 9 [apply-smob/1 #<catch-closure 9515ae0>]
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
   63: 8 [call-with-prompt prompt0 ...]
In ice-9/eval.scm:
  432: 7 [eval # #]
In guile-test:
  240: 6 [main ("guile-test")]
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  697: 5 [for-each #<procedure 9b1d490 at guile-test:240:29 (test)> #]
In test-suite/lib.scm:
  459: 4 [with-test-prefix* "tests/00-socket.test" ...]
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
2320: 3 [save-module-excursion #<procedure 9b62d40 at 
ice-9/boot-9.scm:3961:3 ()>]
3966: 2 [#<procedure 9b62d40 at ice-9/boot-9.scm:3961:3 ()>]
In unknown file:
    ?: 1 [load-compiled/vm 
"/home/shookie/.cache/guile/ccache/2.0-LE-4-2.0/home/shookie/core/lib/guile-2.0/test-suite/tests/00-socket.test.go"]
In tests/00-socket.test:
  195: 0 [#<procedure 9b0ab80 ()>]

tests/00-socket.test:195:0: In procedure #<procedure 9b0ab80 ()>:
tests/00-socket.test:195:0: In procedure module-lookup: Unbound 
variable: chdir

and the guile.log:

PASS: tests/00-initial-env.test: goopsless: + wrong type argument: 1st 
argument string (eval)
PASS: tests/00-initial-env.test: goopsless: + wrong type argument: 1st 
argument string (compile)
PASS: tests/00-initial-env.test: goopsless: + wrong type argument: 2nd 
argument bool (eval)
PASS: tests/00-initial-env.test: goopsless: + wrong type argument: 2nd 
argument bool (compile)
PASS: tests/00-initial-env.test: goopsless: + wrong type argument: 
implicit forcing is not supported (eval)
PASS: tests/00-initial-env.test: goopsless: + wrong type argument: 
implicit forcing is not supported (compile)
PASS: tests/00-initial-env.test: goopsless: - wrong type argument: 1st 
argument string (eval)
PASS: tests/00-initial-env.test: goopsless: - wrong type argument: 1st 
argument string (compile)
PASS: tests/00-initial-env.test: goopsless: - wrong type argument: 2nd 
argument symbol (eval)
PASS: tests/00-initial-env.test: goopsless: - wrong type argument: 2nd 
argument symbol (compile)
PASS: tests/00-socket.test: htonl: 0
PASS: tests/00-socket.test: htonl: -1
PASS: tests/00-socket.test: htonl: 2^32
PASS: tests/00-socket.test: htonl: 2^1024
PASS: tests/00-socket.test: inet-ntop: ipv6: 0
PASS: tests/00-socket.test: inet-ntop: ipv6: 2^128-1
PASS: tests/00-socket.test: inet-ntop: ipv6: -1
PASS: tests/00-socket.test: inet-ntop: ipv6: 2^128
PASS: tests/00-socket.test: inet-ntop: ipv6: 2^1024
PASS: tests/00-socket.test: inet-pton: ipv6: 00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00
PASS: tests/00-socket.test: inet-pton: ipv6: 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1
PASS: tests/00-socket.test: inet-pton: ipv6: ::1
PASS: tests/00-socket.test: inet-pton: ipv6: 
FFFF:FFFF:FFFF:FFFF:FFFF:FFFF:FFFF:FFFF
PASS: tests/00-socket.test: inet-pton: ipv6: 
F000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000
PASS: tests/00-socket.test: inet-pton: ipv6: 
0F00:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000
PASS: tests/00-socket.test: inet-pton: ipv6: 
0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:00F0
PASS: tests/00-socket.test: inet-ntop: ipv4: 127.0.0.1
PASS: tests/00-socket.test: inet-ntop: ipv6: 
FFFF:FFFF:FFFF:FFFF:FFFF:FFFF:FFFF:FFFF
PASS: tests/00-socket.test: inet-ntop: ipv6: ::1
PASS: tests/00-socket.test: make-socket-address: AF_INET
PASS: tests/00-socket.test: make-socket-address: AF_INET6
PASS: tests/00-socket.test: make-socket-address: AF_UNIX
PASS: tests/00-socket.test: ntohl: 0
PASS: tests/00-socket.test: ntohl: -1
PASS: tests/00-socket.test: ntohl: 2^32
PASS: tests/00-socket.test: ntohl: 2^1024

Regards

Jan Schukat

On 04/11/2013 04:40 PM, Jan Schukat wrote:
> Ok, did use this package: guile-2.0.9.2-f480a-dirty.tar.gz and can 
> build and run guile-2.0 on mingw when I --disable-posix, which makes 
> sense, since Windows is not posix :) Can even use threads.
> I guess I try to get the test-suite to run now.
> I'm pretty happy now that my issues on windows could be resolved in 
> the last few weeks.
> Regards
> Jan Schukat
> *Gesendet:* Mittwoch, 10. April 2013 um 22:23 Uhr
> *Von:* "Andy Wingo" <[email-masked]>
> *An:* "Jan Schukat" <[email-masked]>
> *Cc:* [email-masked]
> *Betreff:* Re: bug#14171: REPL doesn't work on windows min-gw
> On Wed 10 Apr 2013 05:59, "Jan Schukat" <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > system/repl/common.scm:147:25: In procedure make-repl:
> > system/repl/common.scm:147:25: In procedure module-lookup: Unbound
> > variable: times
>
> Can you try with the 2.0.9 release, made yesterday? It should fix this
> error.
>
> Andy
> --
> http://wingolog.org/