Subject: bug#14162: 24.3.50; regression: warning of obsolete function for `mouse-choose-completion'

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2014 04:39:21 -0800

"Drew Adams" <[email-masked]> writes:

> This does not happen in Emacs 24.3.  The problem was introduced after
> that, apparently.
>
> emacs -Q
>
> M-x customize-face mode-line TAB TAB
>
> In *Completions*, click mouse-2 on a candidate.
>
> You get the message:
>
> `mouse-choose-completion' is an obsolete command (as of 23.2); use
> `choose-completion' instead.
>
> Emacs -Q should not, itself, be giving us stuff it needs to warn us
> about.

Yeah, that should be unnecessary.

I'm not familiar with that code, though.  Is it safe to just replace all
relevant `mouse-choose-completion' entries in the list below?

-*- mode: grep; default-directory: "~/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/" -*-
Grep started at Sat Feb  8 04:37:49

grep -nH -e mouse-choose-completion `find . -name '*.el'`
./simple.el:6824:    (define-key map [mouse-2] 'mouse-choose-completion)
./simple.el:7074:Use \\<completion-list-mode-map>\\[mouse-choose-completion] to select one\
./simple.el:7133:		     "Click \\[mouse-choose-completion] on a completion to select it.\n")))
./comint.el:3324:		 (eq (key-binding key) 'mouse-choose-completion)))
./comint.el:3325:	  ;; If the user does mouse-choose-completion with the mouse,
./mouse.el:1697:  'mouse-choose-completion 'choose-completion "23.2")
./filecache.el:646:(define-obsolete-function-alias 'file-cache-mouse-choose-completion
./term.el:4140:		 (eq (key-binding key) 'mouse-choose-completion)))
./term.el:4141:	  ;; If the user does mouse-choose-completion with the mouse,
./progmodes/idlwave.el:7139:  "Replace `choose-completion' and `mouse-choose-completion' in OLD-MAP."
./progmodes/idlwave.el:7162:  "Replace `choose-completion' and `mouse-choose-completion' in OLD-MAP."
./progmodes/idlwave.el:7167:     'mouse-choose-completion 'idlwave-mouse-choose-completion new-map)
./progmodes/idlwave.el:7176:(defun idlwave-mouse-choose-completion (&rest args)
./progmodes/idlwave.el:7179:  (apply 'idlwave-choose 'mouse-choose-completion args))
./international/quail.el:300:    (define-key map [mouse-2] 'quail-mouse-choose-completion)
./international/quail.el:2262:(defun quail-mouse-choose-completion (event)
./international/quail.el:2265:  ;; `mouse-choose-completion' except that we:

Grep finished (matches found) at Sat Feb  8 04:37:49

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/