Subject: bug#14157: 24.3.50; Improve facemenu.el: Better "integration" with other libraries

From: Jambunathan K <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 22:04:39 +0530

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Jambunathan K <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 09:20:45 +0530
>> 
>>    Is it possible to have an "invisible face".  A text having this face
>>    will not be displayed at all.
>
> Forgot to answer this: there's the 'invisible' text property, of
> course, but my guess is that this is not what you had in mind.  For
> what I think you had in mind, 'display' text property is probably the
> right tool, since it can make any text look like almost anything else.

I mean something like "special" (defface invisible-face ...).  If
`font-lock-comment-face' were to "inherit" from such a face then all
comments in the file will disappear.  A user is likely to understand
faces than text properties.

ps: My question was more of a "madman's question".  So it is quite
possible that it is crazy and something impossible.